Why Estate Planning is Particularly Important for Women
- Women are more likely to be a primary caregiver for children.
- In the event of a divorce, women are more likely to become responsible for children.
- There are also more single mothers than single fathers.
Estate Planning for Children is crucial, especially involving minors, because Estate Planning:
- Includes the possible creation of a Power of Attorney and a Will that designates a guardian. Naming a guardian ensures children are taken care of by someone a mother trusts.
- Protects the financial assets needed to pay for schooling and basic needs.
- Lastly, ensures children are cared for and don’t have to make difficult decisions if their mother is severely injured and unable to make decisions on her own.
- Women live longer than men.
Women tend to live longer than men. Living longer can have a significant impact on Estate Planning because it means women need to be especially considerate of long-term financial security. For instance, there’s a good chance a woman will outlive her husband or may even be married later in life. Estate Planning can ensure women in these more vulnerable situations are protected and have the financial resources they need.
- Women, over their lifetime, will generally earn less than men.
Women may take time off to care for children during their childbearing years. Also, women still tend to be paid less for equal work. Less pay can mean women have fewer assets than their male counterparts. Fewer assets make it more important for women to protect what they do have. Wills, Trusts and other tools used in Estate Planning can help women protect their hard-earned assets and can ensure their assets are passed on as they wish.
You Won’t Find Better Estate Planning Attorneys in Reading, PA or Berks County
That’s because we
- have 40 years’ experience helping women with Estate Planning and Trusts in Berks County around Reading;
- take as much time as necessary to fully understand your assets and how you want them distributed;
- ask questions only an experienced Estate Planning Attorney knows to ask;
- explain complicated Estate Planning and Trusts legal issues using plain English;
- develop a plan that protects your assets and wishes; and
- very importantly, dedicate ourselves to planning your estate the same as we would for members of our family.
Additional Estate Planning services we offer include:
- Estate Administration;
- Durable Powers of Attorney;
- Advanced Medical Directives (Living Wills);
- Healthcare Powers of Attorney; and
- Complex Wills
Contact Us Online or Call Us today at 610-670-9000 today.
- Convenient, Easy and Safe Free Parking;
- Easy Access Ramp; and
- Spacious, Well-Lit Offices