Spousal Support and Alimony Lawyers in Berks County Near Reading, PA
Our attorneys are Family Law experts. We are top rated Berks County, Pennsylvania Spousal Support and Alimony Lawyers near Reading, PA. When you search for a Divorce Lawyer or Spousal Support and Alimony Lawyer in Reading or Berks County, the number of choices you have can be staggering. Everyone says the same things. So which lawyer do you choose?
When you’re done reading this page, you’ll be confident that you won’t find better lawyers in Berks County to help you with your Spousal Support, Alimony or any Family Law problems. But you’ll also understand that The Miller Law Group is unique.
We are a people and family-oriented law firm. We truly understand how emotionally draining family matters can be. We’ve seen it over and over again with 40 years’ experience practicing PA Spousal Support and Alimony Law right here in Berks County. We have a reputation in Berks County for:
- being genuinely empathetic with your situation;
- treating you like family;
- explaining complex legal issues using plain English so you understand where you’re at and what will happen next; and
- making sure the solution we come up with leaves you as financially and emotionally intact as possible.
Three Types of Spousal Support in Pennsylvania
- Spousal Support:
- Applies to the period from the couple’s separation date and the date when either spouse files for divorce.
- One spouse may be ordered to pay this type of support to the financially dependent spouse. The financially dependent spouse is the spouse who earns less or no income.
- The spouse ordered to pay spousal support can use the entitlement defense to avoid paying if the financially dependent spouse committed adultery or left the marriage without due cause.
- Alimony Pendente Lite (APL):
- Applies to the period after the divorce has been filed but before the divorce is final.
- Provides a financially dependent spouse with the means to pay for living expenses and legal support during the divorce process.
- Once the divorce is final, a court may order one spouse to pay alimony.
- A Spouse usually pays alimony when…
- one spouse is financially dependent;
- the marriage has been long-term; or
- the financially dependent spouse has small children not yet in school.
- For the court to award alimony, the non-dependent spouse must have enough money for living expenses and alimony.
Spousal Support and Alimony issues are complicated. Obviously, you should speak to one of our expert Spousal Support and Alimony Attorneys before you decide to separate or file divorce. Whether you are the person filing for divorce or someone who doesn’t want a divorce, talk to us. You won’t find better Spousal Support and Alimony Lawyers in Berks County. Let us help you.
What Could Impact Alimony in Pennsylvania?
The courts have many considerations when deciding whether to award alimony and how much spousal support to award. Courts will consider…
- any children;
- the length of the marriage;
- each partner’s contributions;
- the current or likely division of property;
- the financial status of both partners;
- prenuptial agreements; and
- other issues.
How Our Alimony Lawyers Protect You
Financially Independent Spouse
Our expert Spousal Support and Alimony Lawyers protect your rights by making sure:
- You don’t have to pay an excessive amount of support to your partner. It’s especially true if your partner was unfaithful to you or left the marriage.
- Your partner’s bad decisions during the marriage don’t permanently affect your finances.
Financially Dependent Spouse
If you are the more financially dependent partner in your relationship, our expert Spousal Support, and Alimony Lawyers fight
- for your rights to get financial support,
- to ensure you’re not left financially dependent or unable to meet necessary living expenses.
You Won’t Find Better Spousal Support and Alimony Lawyers in Reading, PA, and Berks County
We are the Spousal Support and Alimony Lawyers you’ve been looking for in Berks County. Now you know why so many people in Reading, Pennsylvania and the communities near Reading, PA chose us. We can help you too.
Contact Us Online or Call Us at 610-670-9000 today for a confidential consultation. We respond to your request the same day. You don’t have to wait to get answers.