Why You Need The Advice and Guidance of a Gun Trust Lawyer
A Gun Trust Lawyer can facilitate acquiring guns in Pennsylvania. That’s because
- gun laws across the country and in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania have become more rigorous over the years to ensure everyone’s safety; and
- furthermore, demands for increased safety sometimes make it difficult for families and individuals to purchase the guns they’re allowed to acquire by law.
The National Firearms Act (NFA) is the law regulating the sale, manufacture, and trade of firearms at the federal level. To purchase or acquire a gun from an individual or a registered dealer in Pennsylvania, you need to
- get a tax stamp from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE);
- submit to fingerprinting and photographs, and
- lastly, get a signature from your Chief Law Enforcement Official (CLEO).
The process can become complicated and time-consuming. Examples of complications include
- law enforcement officials may not want to sign paperwork; and
- also, even minor paperwork errors can cause long delays.
How Setting up a Gun Trust in Pennsylvania Can Help You
A Gun Trust is a legal entity designed to purchase, acquire and bequeath legal firearms in Pennsylvania.
There are many advantages to setting up a Gun Trust
- A Gun Trust allows multiple people in your household to use the same firearm. With a Gun Trust, you can assign everyone in your family who is over the age of 18 to be a trustee. A Gun Trust gives every adult in your home the ability to possess and use the firearm if needed. In contrast, when you purchase a gun individually, without a trust, only the person with lawful ownership of the weapon can use it.
- You can control where your firearm goes if you are incapacitated. Your Gun Trust ensures your guns are safely and legally passed on to your heirs. Passing on firearms in accordance with the law is crucial since violations of Firearm Laws can lead to 10 years in jail and hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines.
- You won’t have to submit to as many demands to acquire firearms. You will not be photographed or fingerprinted by authorities. And you won’t have to get a signature from a local CLEO. Gun Trusts can reduce the complications, costs and time it can take you to procure a firearm.
- Lastly, you maintain your privacy. When you purchase a firearm or acquire a firearm as an individual, your local CLEO and authorities will need to be informed though Pennsylvania law doesn’t require knowledge of your firearm ownership to be made public. When you acquire a firearm through a Gun Trust, it remains an entirely private matter.
Consult With Our Proven, Experienced Gun Trust Lawyers
It’s crucial that you acquire and pass on firearms legally and correctly. As mentioned earlier, mistakes can lead to imprisonment and costly fines. A Gun Trust can be one way to effectively control possession of a firearm in your household in a time-effective and legal manner. But you have to do it right. The best way to make sure everything is legal and in order is to consult with an experienced, proven Gun Trust Lawyer.
Our Gun Trust Attorneys have 40 years’ experience assisting residents in Berks County around Reading, PA legally acquire and bequeath firearms. We know what we’re doing, and we will protect you.
Contact Us Online or Call Us at 610-670-9000 today. During your initial consultation, you can get all of the facts before you make any decisions about your next firearms acquisition.
- Convenient, Easy and Safe Free Parking;
- Easy Access Ramp; and
- Spacious, Well-Lit Offices