Written By: Larry Miller, Jr. | September 15, 2017 | No Comments
What are Employee Handbooks?
- tell employees what they can expect;
- define employees’responsibilities; and
- give them one standardized place to find answers about their employment and position.
Creating an Employee Handbook or Manual is a time-intensive process. But the benefits of Employee Handbooks are well worth the effort. Here’s why.
Benefits of Employee Handbooks
- Help with Training
When you have a new hire, it can be advantageous to have a handbook they can review as part of the training process. You can reduce training and improve retention by ensuring employees have a Handbook that explains their duties as well as the company mission, purpose and other details of your business.
- Defines Your Business and Employee Responsibilities
The very process of creating and reviewing an employee Handbook helps to define your company. You will look at
- mission statements;
- the type of company culture you wish to build; and
- defining what
- the company expects from employees; and
- employees can expect from management.
- Reduce Workload on Managers and Human Resources
Employees can simply turn to their handbooks to get answers to common questions about
- benefits; and
- other issues.
- Offer Legal Protection
A well-written employee Handbook can help protect you legally in case one of your employees does something to break the rules. Employee handbooks that clearly outline the rules which were broken, help you win court cases involving
- wrongful termination lawsuits;
- unemployment lawsuit; or
- other legal claims.
- Ensure Consistency in Your Company
Employee Handbooks ensure all your employees are treated the same, and that departments work together seamlessly. You create standardized approaches to common problems and that ensure all employees are treated the same.
You Won’t Find Better Business Attorneys in Berks County to Review Your Employees’ Handbook
Is your employee handbook really protecting you? Does your Employee Handbook contain legal glitches that may cause problems later on? Our Business Attorneys can help you create or review your Employee Handbook. We have over 40 years’ experience supporting and protecting small, medium and large businesses around Reading, in Berks and Lancaster Counties, and throughout Pennsylvania. Contact Us Online or Call Us at 610-670-9000 today.
- Convenient, Easy and Safe Free Parking;
- Easy Access Ramp; and
- Spacious, Well-Lit Offices