Proven, Experienced Bankruptcy Lawyers in Berks County, PA
We have 40 years’ cumulative experience helping people in Berks County communities around Reading, PA get their financial houses in order. We totally understand the emotional stress financial problems can cause you. Often the emotional stress of Divorce is compounded by financial problems.
Bankruptcy may seem like your only alternative because…
- your debts are piling up;
- more bills are coming in every day and there just isn’t enough money coming in to pay them;
- you’re worried your utilities will be turned off;
- it’s always on your mind and you worry constantly;
- the constant phone calls and mail from creditors and debt collectors add to your stress;
- you really can’t enjoy things like you used to;
- you have trouble sleeping;
- it places stress on your relationships; and
- even the thought of bankruptcy is stressful because
- you’re afraid you’ll lose your house and other assets;
- you feel embarrassed;
- you feel like you’ve failed; and of course
- you worry about your credit going forward.
Does any of this sound familiar to you? It should. We’ve been helping people just like you in Reading and Berks County work through their financial difficulties for a long time. We understand what people are going through. Obviously, we understand what you’re going through.
Important Things to Understand About Bankruptcy
As experienced Bankruptcy Lawyers we’ve learned some things you should know…
- You’re not alone. Unmanageable debt is a reality thousands of conscientious, hard-working Americans face every day.
794 people have filed for Bankruptcy in Berks so far in 2017. 851 residents filed for Bankruptcy in Berks County in 2016.
- Bankruptcy may not be your only way to fix your finances. We’re Bankruptcy Lawyers. But we’re familiar with alternatives that may apply to your situation.
- Bankruptcy is not the end of the world. Bankruptcy allows you to gain a fresh start and get you back on your feet.
- You won’t lose all your assets.
- Harassing phone calls and mail from creditors and debt collection agencies end;
- Your credit will recover.
- You don’t have to be embarrassed and you’re not a failure. Some of the most successful people in Reading and Berks County have gone through a Bankruptcy. You learn from your mistakes and move forward.
Personal and corporate bankruptcy includes many complicated processes Trust our expert Bankruptcy Lawyers to help you get your finances back on track. Read on to find out why…
What Debts are Eliminated by Bankruptcy?
Two Classifications of Debt Under PA Bankruptcy Law
- Dischargeable Debt can be eliminated by declaring Bankruptcy and includes:
- Credit Card Debt;
- Medical Bills;
- Personal Debt;
- Past Due Rent; and
- Unpaid Utility Bills
- Nondischargeable Debt cannot be eliminated through Bankruptcy and includes:
- Student Loans;
- Spousal Support and Alimony Payments;
- Child Support in Arrears; and
- Unpaid Taxes.
How Does Bankruptcy Protect Me From Creditors and Debt Collectors?
An Automatic Stay is issued the day you file for Bankruptcy. The Automatic Stay stops…
- current collection actions against you;
- utility shutoffs; and lastly
- harassing phone calls from creditors and debt collectors.
Our Experienced Bankruptcy Lawyers Can Help You
Our expert Bankruptcy Lawyers will help you because we…
- listen, taking as much time as necessary, until we fully understand the details of your financial situation;
- ask important questions only an experienced Bankruptcy Lawyer knows to ask;
- have a wide breadth of legal expertise related to Bankruptcy including Business Contracts, Business Dissolution and Business Tax Planning;
- organize important details;
- evaluate all your assets and debts via a means test;
- determine if filing for bankruptcy is your best alternative;
- if bankruptcy is your best option, determine the right type of bankruptcy;
- complete the necessary forms and petitions;
- stop the obnoxious, harassing and often illegal debt collection calls;
- instruct you how to conduct your financial affairs while going through the bankruptcy process;
- devise a plan to place the least amount of pressure on your finances and credit; and lastly
- provide the emotional support you deserve to lessen the stress everyone experiences when they’re under financial pressure.
You won’t find a more proven, experienced and expert Bankruptcy Lawyers in Reading, Berks County or anywhere else in Pennsylvania. But we offer more than the best Bankruptcy legal advice. We…
- have a reputation for giving clients genuine emotional support and respect;
- explain legal matters in plain English so you don’t have to be a Bankruptcy Lawyer versed in legalese to have a conversation with us; and
- make sure you walk away knowing where you’re at, what will happen next, when it will happen and that things will get better and you’ll be alright.
Bankruptcy Options in Pennsylvania
You have two Bankruptcy options in Pennsylvania:
- Chapter 7:
In this type of bankruptcy, the court liquidates your assets to pay off your debts. Some debts may be discharged or forgiven as part of the process, although some debts are not dischargeable.
- Chapter 13.
In Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you agree to repay your debtors, usually within three to five years.
You need to talk to one our experienced Bankruptcy Lawyers regarding your Bankruptcy options because:
- Deciding whether to have your debts forgiven or rearranged is an important decision with long-term implications.
- There are limitations of each type of bankruptcy. For example, with Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you may not be able to get relief if you have no way of meeting your obligations.
- The process can also take up to five years, However, the payments can still be a challenge even if they are designed to be more affordable.
- Finally. not everyone qualifies for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Your attorney can tell you whether you qualify and help you determine how long your credit score may be affected.
You may not be able to pay your debts but you don’t necessarily have file bankruptcy. Our Bankruptcy Attorneys have experience with alternatives to filing bankruptcy that avoid many of the long-term negative effects on your credit, We may be able to help you negotiate with your creditors or find other ways to deal with and meet your financial obligations.
When to Contact Our Bankruptcy Lawyers
You don’t have to be on the verge of losing your home, retirement accounts or other important property before contacting our Bankruptcy Lawyers. Having financial difficulties is like a disease. Obviously, the earlier you catch it the shorter the recovery. It’s the same with your finances. Delaying getting help can hurt your financial situation further. You to lose even more making the road to recovery even more difficult. So, if you find yourself getting into financial trouble, we have the experience to help you get back on track.
You Won’t Find Better Bankruptcy Lawyers in Reading, Berks County or Pennsylvania
If you are on the verge of losing important assets call us. You won’t find more proven, experienced and expert Bankruptcy Lawyers in Reading, PA and Berks County. We have 40 years’ experience helping Bankruptcy clients in Reading and in Berks County communities near Reading, PA. We can help you too.
In conclusion, the legal help and emotional support you need is right here waiting for you. Contact us today and we’ll start helping you get your finances back on track today.